Thursday, April 5, 2012

Under the Sea @Malapascua Island

Diving has always been one of the things that I wanted to do. To know what its like to actually see the view below the waters, up close and personal. But since I'm not the best swimmer there is, I was hesitant to try it. 

For my birthday I wanted one thing off my bucket list and this time, it would be diving! So off I went for a trip to Malapascua Island to discover scuba diving.


We contacted one of the dive shops (near Ging-Ging's Restaurant) and arranged our schedule for diving. We got our DSD (discover scuba diving) for P2500 and Sam's fun dive for P1200 since he is a licensed diver.

We went to Bantigue Island for the briefing near the shore and then off we go to the site where we can see soft corals.

 Before the dive; TIPS FROM SAM:
1.Drinks lots of water
2.Take a rest before the dive
3.Equalize — Begin equalizing before your head submerges and continue to equalize frequently during descent.

Equalization is the act of forcing air into an open space to offset increasing hydrostatic pressure. This can be applied to such spaces as a dive mask or the diver's ears, and prevents what is known as a squeeze.


preppin for the briefing


briefing before the dive
 After the briefing, I got a bit scared because its different to breathe through a tank. Its also important to listen very carefully to the dive master so you know what to do once your under the water and lastly but I think one of the most important, DO NOT PANIC.

The first few meters on our way down was scary because it would hurt your ears but you just need to equalize underwater ear pressure.


under the sea




ohh the ocean floor.

After descending, I cant stop looking at the surface cause I cant actually believe I was that deep under the water. I didn't touch anything because I was scared that they would move or could be poisonous or something, but it was so much fun.

But the view under water is really different compared to snorkeling. Its like having a backstage pass for a concert. I felt like I was Ariel from The Little Mermaid. I felt like I was visiting my fishes in the tank in Doodle Fish Farm, up close and personal..hahaha




ok!








exhausted and hungry after the dive

thinking: I'll get a diving license!!!



 I once said that I would never go back to places Ive traveled before but well I must say "Malapascua, I shall return!" and next time with a diving license! #FingersCrossed

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! scuba diving is really on my bucket list for 2012 :D nice photos dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! you should really go for it, it was fun.=)

      Delete