Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A bird's Eye View at Pico de Loro


I love beaches, no doubt about that, but last weekend I got to discover a different view, a different way to explore the world and its hidden wonders. Last weekend, I felt what its like to look from the bird's eye view.

We rode a bus from Lawton Manila to Ternate/ Naic Cavite. Fare is P68.00, travel time is around 1.5-2hrs. Then from the bus terminal, you can ride a tricycle to the starting point, P75.00 per person, 3pax per tricycle. From the starting point, registration fee is P20.00

Pico de Loro
 Major jump-off: Magnetic Hill, Ternate LLA: 14° 12.855 N; 120° 38.785 E; 664 MASL Days required / Hours to summit: 1-2 days / 2-5 hours Specs: Minor climb, Difficulty 3/9, Trail class 1-3


Ready? Lezzzz gow!

The Hike
Since its my first time, I didnt know what to expect. All I know is that the activity requires hiking and a lot of water. Then, they said that the hike is about 4-5 hours. Oh gosh what have I gotten myself into?
hike to the top
 After an hour of walking, we reached base camp one. Climbers can sit here for a while and rest. Theres another P20.00 registration fee here. And the best thing about base camp one? They are selling coke in cans! hahha. We rested for about 15 minutes and then we continued to hike. We ate lunch about after an hour or two from base camp, we brought packed lunch.






the steep trail





After looOoong hours of walking, I couldnt count how many times it crossed my mind to quit and just hike back and go home.lol Surprisingly, I reached the top and Im so proud of myself. When we got to the base camp, and saw the view, I almost forgot the misery I went through to get there.

OMG I made it!


peak


the view
  Off to the Peak
We rested for while, put up the tents and decided to go to the mountain peak from the base camp. Its about 20-25 minutes climb to the peak, but the trail is very steep and a bit scary. You have to hold on to the grass and roots to climb up.


When we reached the peak, the view was breath taking. You can also view the beach from the top (ternate beach). I wanted to go to the other 'peak' but its already quite dangerous because its like rock climbing without a rope.


The peak that I wanted to climb


ternate beach


group picture


After an hour or so, we decided to go back to the camp before it gets dark. When we reached the camp, we cooked dinner, had some drinks and slept.

Morning at the Camp
I am a morning person and I'm glad that I woke up early. Morning at the camp was so cold. My jacket and blanket wasn't enough to keep me warm that night. A lot of people were already awake taking pictures and waiting for the sunrise.




Our Mansion



Tent City
Going Back We cooked breakfast, then prepared to leave the camp. Going back is much more easier and faster compared to our experience yesterday. It only took us 2 hrs to go back to the starting point.

group picture

I conquered pico de Loro.haha
Its was fun.It was tiring.It was breathtaking (literally and figuratively). I enjoyed this new experience. Thanks to LA, for the invite, Odie and Ken for the company and the rest of the group for the food and for letting us climb with you.

From the end point, we rode a tricycle P75 each, going back to the terminal. There is a carinderia across the street where we changed clothes and ate lunch. P55 full meal with softdrinks haha! Then bus again to Manila via Baclaran/Lawton P68.00





No comments:

Post a Comment